HR Coordinator - Position Information
- Human Resources
- Vancouver, Canada
- Full Time
- # of Positions:
Work at VFS
There is no such thing as an ordinary day when you work at Vancouver Film School. It’s a creative and fast-paced environment where you’re part of recruiting and educating the next generation of actors, filmmakers, video game developers and creative thinkers. Our unique culture is all about celebrating the pure passion and unwavering perseverance of our students as they go through their own amazing personal journeys towards a career in the entertainment arts. Constantly evolving and updating to meet industry demands, VFS believes results matter, and that extends from our classrooms and experienced faculty to our hard-working marketing, admissions, and support departments — and well beyond. If you’d like to join our team, simply browse the open positions below. If none of them seem to fit your particular skillsets, but you think you belong at VFS, apply here. We can’t wait to hear from you.
We are looking for an experienced HR Coordinator, to contribute to the HR team on various HR processes, projects and programs. The successful candidate has a positive attitude, exceptional interpersonal skills, is an Excel wizard and has great attention to detail. The individual will show initiative, problem solving ability and is organized and efficient. This is a great opportunity to get some hands-on HR experience in a supportive and fast paced environment working with passionate and creative people.
- End to end recruitment process: job descriptions, job posting, pre-screening, interviewing, scheduling interview set ups with the hiring managers, background checks, visa/immigration understanding, offer letters submission, reporting on HR data, recruitment metrics and proactive communication to candidates and hiring managers.
- Support managers and process contract extensions, additional duty and work & student permit requirements.
- Onboarding of new hires and provide effective integration into their new role.
- Streamlining onboarding process and provide recommendations to improve the candidate and new hire experience.
HR System Admin 25%
- Dayforce (DF) profile set up, employee data management with a high attention to detail.
- Troubleshoot DF inquiries: password and log in issues and general system set up and configuration.
- Responsible for DF maintenance and suggest improvements to enhance user experience.
- Set up workflows and improve existing workflows in DF to be more effective.
- Review and validate org chart information and update DF info if necessary.
- Provide basic user training and create user guides for Dayforce.
- Be the point person for new hire and rehire IT inquiries for Dayforce, internal site, email set up and.
- Document HR processes, maintain SOPs and update policies.
- Effectively communicate and direct HR information to the employees.
- Create HR process mapping for: recruitment, onboarding, offboarding, contractor utilization, employee changes, service recognition, time off and leaves, etc.
- Sent out exit interview surveys and report on responses.
- Liaise with payroll to ensure all pay related issues and processes are clearly communicated.
- Support HR team and senior leaders with administration, reporting, advanced Excel requirements and research.
- Maintain critical employment records and documents keeping track of the staff changes. Organise files on shared drives.
- Process employment status changes and employment verification letters.
- Coordinate Occupational Health and Safety Committee, flu clinics, social events, service award distribution, celebrations and lunch & learns.
- Assist and support on various other projects and tasks as required.
- A post-secondary degree/certificate in Human Resources or equivalent HR experience.
- Advanced skills in Excel and excellent Word and PowerPoint utilization. An aptitude to learn new applications is key.
- Experience working with Dayforce by Ceridian is an asset.
- Strong drive for accuracy and flawless execution; high level of attention to detail and process orientation.
- Demonstrated professionalism in handling confidential information with discretion.
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive and anticipate job requirements; take initiative and ownership to resolve issues.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills to manage multiple and shifting priorities.
- Strong customer service orientation, exhibits a high degree of business maturity and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment with multi-functional stakeholders and possesses excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Committed to continuous improvement and the sharing of HR best practices.