Resource Prep Technician - Position Information
- Vancouver, Canada
- Full Time
- # of Positions:
Work at VFS
There is no such thing as an ordinary day when you work at Vancouver Film School. It’s a creative and fast-paced environment where you’re part of recruiting and educating the next generation of actors, filmmakers, video game developers and creative thinkers. Our unique culture is all about celebrating the pure passion and unwavering perseverance of our students as they go through their own amazing personal journeys towards a career in the entertainment arts. Constantly evolving and updating to meet industry demands, VFS believes results matter, and that extends from our classrooms and experienced faculty to our hard-working marketing, admissions, and support departments — and well beyond. If you’d like to join our team, simply browse the open positions below. If none of them seem to fit your particular skillsets, but you think you belong at VFS, apply here. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Reporting to the Resources Supervisor, the Resources Prep Technician will be responsible for the support functions, resource requirements, and equipment needs for students, faculty, and staff.
- Distribute course supplies to students and faculty in the various programs.
- Ensure the facilities, including without limitation, classrooms, administrative areas, resource centers, and common areas are kept neat and tidy through regularly-scheduled “walkabouts”.
- Ensure photocopy machines are stocked with paper, and working on a regular basis.
- Create and issue student, faculty, and staff ID.
- Identify malfunctioning or damaged equipment and communicate this to the AV/Repair Technician.
- Assist with set up and operation of AV equipment for scheduled events in VFS theatres and other venues, but not limited to the coordination and set up of tables, podiums, computers, projectors, equipment, lighting, and sound control.
- Be responsible for the distribution of library materials (books, videos, magazines, scripts, and DVDs) in each of the resource centers.
- Maintain existing computerized inventory control of items checked out to students and faculty members.
- Prepare equipment for pick-up according to submitted request forms.
- Respond to student inquiries regarding equipment and handle any equipment-related issues.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Resources Supervisor.
- Grade 12 supplemented with a minimum of six months of formal training in business office skills.
- Completion of a Film related degree, diploma, or certificate an asset.
- Good general knowledge of the name, function, and operation of technical equipment maintained in the resource areas, theatres, and administration offices.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated good judgment and initiative with the ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Customer Service experience an asset.
- Knowledge of Photoshop and Video editing software an asset.
- Highly-organized team player with a flexible approach and works well under pressure.
- Valid Class 5 B.C. Drivers License is an asset.