Program Coordinator - Position Information
- 3D Animation + Visual Effects
- Vancouver, Canada
- Full Time
- # of Positions:
Work at VFS
There is no such thing as an ordinary day when you work at Vancouver Film School. It’s a creative and fast-paced environment where you’re part of recruiting and educating the next generation of actors, filmmakers, video game developers and creative thinkers. Our unique culture is all about celebrating the pure passion and unwavering perseverance of our students as they go through their own amazing personal journeys towards a career in the entertainment arts. Constantly evolving and updating to meet industry demands, VFS believes results matter, and that extends from our classrooms and experienced faculty to our hard-working marketing, admissions, and support departments — and well beyond. If you’d like to join our team, simply browse the open positions below. If none of them seem to fit your particular skillsets, but you think you belong at VFS, apply here. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Reporting to the Program Manager and the Head of Animation, the Program Coordinator will provide professional, expert and courteous front-line support to all VFS students, faculty and staff within the School of Animation & VFX. The incumbent will have very strong office experience and computer skills, is highly organized, energetic and is a positive self-starter who thrives in an evolving and fast-paced environment.
- Act as the liaison between students and staff during office hours and to assist students with their inquiries.
- Assist the Senior Instructors with preparation of full-time classes, part-time classes and/or elective classes each term and to assist with orientation of new students to the program.
- Help to create and post schedules with CELCAT and other relevant software.
- Coordinate graduations, including posters, grad night certificates, usher preparation, post-graduation documentation, biographies and grad book details to graduating students from the program.
- Assist the department with staff tracking, compiling Instructor evaluations, scholarships and alumni correspondence, and meetings.
- Perform general clerical duties, including but not limited to answering telephone calls, performing departmental related errands, coordinating marketing materials and providing clerical assistance to the Program Manager, Department Head and Instructors.
- Also assist the Program Manager, Department Head and Instructors with photocopying, word processing, creating and managing Excel and MS Word documents, PowerPoint presentations and maintenance of electronic and hard copy of student files.
- Oversee the booking and invoicing of all life drawing models for efficient course delivery.
- Coordinate with Instructors to meet all curriculum obligations and deadlines by providing course support materials and preparations.
- Coordinate with the Program Manager and all staff in process of integrating MOODLE as an administrative tool in order to facilitate attendance input, grading and course outlines.
- Liaising with Operations regarding MOODLE related issues.
- Help students to gather pertinent information and documents for their final grad projects.
- Create vacation and events calendars.
- Book and facilitate tours at VFS and coordinate tours to local Studios.
- Coordinate and book rooms/space for other Programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Program Manager and/or Head of Animation.
- Degree/Diploma in Business Administration along with a minimum of two years of office experience.
- Experience in the entertainment and/or film industry is considered an asset.
- Experience in CELCAT is considered an asset.
- Experience in MOODLE is considered an asset.
- Proficiency with MS Office, word processing, Excel, PowerPoint, advanced database management and spreadsheet programs.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an attention to detail and accuracy, including spelling and proper grammar.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated good judgment and initiative with the ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Highly organized team player with a flexible approach and works well under pressure.
- Ability to present a professional and positive image and maintain discretion and confidentiality.
- Ability to multi task and prioritize time.