Art Assistant - Resources - Position Information
- Vancouver, Canada
- Full Time
- # of Positions:
Work at VFS
There is no such thing as an ordinary day when you work at Vancouver Film School. It’s a creative and fast-paced environment where you’re part of recruiting and educating the next generation of actors, filmmakers, video game developers and creative thinkers. Our unique culture is all about celebrating the pure passion and unwavering perseverance of our students as they go through their own amazing personal journeys towards a career in the entertainment arts. Constantly evolving and updating to meet industry demands, VFS believes results matter, and that extends from our classrooms and experienced faculty to our hard-working marketing, admissions, and support departments — and well beyond. If you’d like to join our team, simply browse the open positions below. If none of them seem to fit your particular skillsets, but you think you belong at VFS, apply here. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Reporting to the Art Coordinator and the Resources Supervisor, working directly with and in support of the Curriculum, Prop House, Costumes Room & Tool Room, the Art Assistant will provide professional, expert and courteous front line educational support to all VFS students within the Film program. The Art Assistant is able to work with small groups of students on special projects, and may assist students in utilizing a variety of instructional resources. The Art Assistant will have a basic understanding of a particular area of expertise in the program discipline and who is highly organized, energetic, and is a positive self-starter who thrives in an evolving and fast-paced environment.
- Assist Film Resources in the support of student projects and/or construction.
- Assist students with Prop House, Costumes Room, Tool Room & Power Tools guidance & supervision.
- Provide general class preparation assistance to Course Instructor(s) including setting up & tearing down workshop classes, accessibility to Art Resources materials, & helpful knowledge of the tools available.
- Assist the Art Coordinator with Art Pickups, Returns, Prop House maintenance & Workshop cleanliness.
- Troubleshoot any technical problems students are encountering and act as a liaison between students and the IT department when required.
- Assist students with information on locations to acquire materials for projects. (Ie. Prop Houses, Construction materials, costumes)
- Perform other duties as required by the Art Coordinator and Resources Supervisor.
- A degree, diploma, or certificate from a recognized post-secondary institution or a graduate of VFS in one of the current disciplines or 1 year experience in film production.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated good judgment and initiative with the ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Highly organized team player with a flexible approach and works well under pressure.
- Ability to present a professional and positive image and maintain discretion and confidentiality.
- Knowledge of the basics of Sketch Up, Photoshop, and AutoCAD.