High School Outreach Coordinator, Admissions - Alberta - Position Information
- Alberta, Canada
- Full Time
- # of Positions:
Work at VFS
There is no such thing as an ordinary day when you work at Vancouver Film School. It’s a creative and fast-paced environment where you’re part of recruiting and educating the next generation of actors, filmmakers, video game developers and creative thinkers. Our unique culture is all about celebrating the pure passion and unwavering perseverance of our students as they go through their own amazing personal journeys towards a career in the entertainment arts. Constantly evolving and updating to meet industry demands, VFS believes results matter, and that extends from our classrooms and experienced faculty to our hard-working marketing, admissions, and support departments — and well beyond. If you’d like to join our team, simply browse the open positions below. If none of them seem to fit your particular skillsets, but you think you belong at VFS, apply here. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Reporting to the Directors of Admissions, the High School Outreach Coordinator will develop and manage relationships with high school Principals, Teachers, and Career Counselors in Calgary and Edmonton. You will schedule and deliver presentations, demonstrations, and/or workshops (Modules) for students, parents and faculty to be held online or on location at high schools. The goal of the High School Outreach Coordinator will be to create strong awareness of and promote VFS programs with the intent of increasing leads and enrollments from high school students.
- Initiate contact with high schools and/or find ways to be introduced to existing relationships with high schools in order to create high school profiles
- Identify the appropriate high school contacts to schedule VFS activities
- Deliver inspiring, informative, and engaging presentations to students, parents and faculty in order to generate leads and enrollments
- Deliver VFS info session events at various venues besides high schools across Canada
- Track all communications with stakeholders using VFS CRM software
- Deliver at 4-5 workshop (modules) per week
- Promote VFS program offerings and other VFS initiatives
- Research and develop relationships with potential high schools and teachers to create partnerships
- Maintain VFS brand standard for material and content delivery and/or tradeshow booth setup where applicable.
- Perform general marketing (i.e. emailers, Excel tracking, and recognizing what materials schools need and produce them; for example, posters)
- Assist with marketing initiatives such as being the spokesperson for on the road events as directed by Marketings event calendar
- Formulate and strategize scholarship opportunities and pathways for high school students
- Other duties as assigned by the Directors of Admissions.
- Related experience is a strong asset
- Diploma or Degree in Education or Business Administration with a minimum of two years of sales, marketing and/or promotional experience
- Experience in film & television, event planning is an asset
- Strong proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Experience with CRM (Microsoft, Salesforce) is an asset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Organized team player with a flexible approach
- Ability to efficiently access Calgary and Edmonton for in-person meetings/events
- Travel estimated upwards of 50-70% during certain times within Alberta
- Occasional work during weekends
- Valid AB driver license is required.