Post Production Instructor - Position Information
- Vancouver, Canada
- Part Time
- # of Positions:
Work at VFS
There is no such thing as an ordinary day when you work at Vancouver Film School. It’s a creative and fast-paced environment where you’re part of recruiting and educating the next generation of actors, filmmakers, video game developers and creative thinkers. Our unique culture is all about celebrating the pure passion and unwavering perseverance of our students as they go through their own amazing personal journeys towards a career in the entertainment arts. Constantly evolving and updating to meet industry demands, VFS believes results matter, and that extends from our classrooms and experienced faculty to our hard-working marketing, admissions, and support departments — and well beyond. If you’d like to join our team, simply browse the open positions below. If none of them seem to fit your particular skillsets, but you think you belong at VFS, apply here. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Vancouver Film School programs focus on industries that use moving images, graphics, sound and text as fundamental components for communication, information and story. VFS programs regularly and continually evolve in response to the current industry methodology, technology and need. VFS offers world recognized, full-time, one-year programs in Film Production, 3D Animation & Visual Effects, Classical Animation, Animation Concept Art, Sound Design, Writing, Acting, Makeup Design, Digital Design, Game Design and Programming for Web, Games, & Mobile, and Foundation Visual Art & Design. These one-year programs are intensive, focused on the field of study and immerse students in industry-like settings and situations in order to best prepare them for work in their chosen field.
VFS is currently accepting applications for a Post Production Instructor. Reporting to the Head of Film Production and working with the Senior Instructor of Post Production, the Instructor is responsible for delivering curriculum effectively and providing feedback to students.
- Deliver instruction to students on the topics of picture editing theory as well as post production workflows and concepts
- Class attendance and grading.
- Individual guidance of students where appropriate.
- Punctual and conscientious management of classes.
- Collaboration with Senior Instructor of Post Production and faculty on curriculum updates and progression of courses.
- Collaboration with administration staff on resources and equipment issues.
- Attendance at staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Instructor of Post Production in the Film Production Program.
- Expert knowledge and experience with Avid Media Composer.
- Knowledge and experience with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Post-secondary certificate, diploma, degree plus minimum 3 years of industry experience in the specific discipline or minimum 10 years of industry experience in the specific discipline.
- Portfolio demonstrating a high caliber of professional work and corresponding film credits.
- Ability to lead workshops, lectures, and seminars.
- Excellent communication, organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Preference will be given to candidates with an M.F.A. or M.A. degree and individuals with previous college or private post-secondary instructional experience.