Intensive Production Coordinator - Position Information
- VFS Connect
- Vancouver, Canada
- Part Time
- # of Positions:
Work at VFS
There is no such thing as an ordinary day when you work at Vancouver Film School. It’s a creative and fast-paced environment where you’re part of recruiting and educating the next generation of actors, filmmakers, video game developers and creative thinkers. Our unique culture is all about celebrating the pure passion and unwavering perseverance of our students as they go through their own amazing personal journeys towards a career in the entertainment arts. Constantly evolving and updating to meet industry demands, VFS believes results matter, and that extends from our classrooms and experienced faculty to our hard-working marketing, admissions, and support departments — and well beyond. If you’d like to join our team, simply browse the open positions below. If none of them seem to fit your particular skillsets, but you think you belong at VFS, apply here. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Reporting to the Educational Administration Department and working directly with and in support of the Production Manager(s), the Intensive Production Coordinator will provide professional, expert and courteous front line customer service to all VFS Intensive students, faculty and staff within the Make a Film Intensive and Educational Administration department. The incumbent will have very strong office experience and computer skills, is highly organized, energetic and is a positive self-starter who thrives in an evolving and fast-paced environment. This is a part-time contract position.
- Act as the liaison between students and staff during office hours and assist students with their inquiries.
- Assist the Administrative Manager and Senior Instructors with preparation of classes.
- Help instructors with attendance, grading, and report final grades to Ed Admin.
- Coordinate final screening of projects.
- Perform general clerical duties, including but not limited to answering telephone calls, performing departmental related errands, coordinating marketing materials, providing clerical assistance to the Administrative Manager, Department Head and Instructors, photocopying, word processing, creating and managing Excel and MS Word documents, PowerPoint presentations and maintenance of electronic and hard copy of student files.
- Coordinate with Instructors to meet all curriculum obligations and deadlines by providing course support materials and preparations.
- Coordinate with Administrative Manager and all staff in process of integrating MOODLE as an administrative tool in order to facilitate attendance input, grading and course outlines.
- Liaising with Operations regarding MOODLE related issues.
- Assist Administrative Manager with payroll input and invoicing.
- Manage expenditures and submitting timely petty cash receipts to Accounting.
- Assist with expenses, special letters and printouts (ie reference, faculty letters)
- Take behind-the-scenes b-roll and create farewell video for the international intensive group.
- Gather class descriptions and learning goals (deliverables) for each lesson and create a package for Ed Admin to upload on the VFS Moodle.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Preferably VFS Film Production grad with production and office experience.
- Experience in the entertainment and/or film industry would be an asset.
- Experience in MOODLE would be an asset.
- Proficiency with MS Office, word processing, Excel, PowerPoint, advanced database management and spreadsheet programs.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an attention to detail and accuracy, including spelling and proper grammar.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated good judgment and initiative with the ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Highly organized team player with a flexible approach and works well under pressure.
- Ability to present a professional and positive image and maintain discretion and confidentiality.
- Ability to multi task and prioritize time.