Building Services and Facilities - Position Information
- Vancouver, Canada
- Full Time
- # of Positions:
Work at VFS
There is no such thing as an ordinary day when you work at Vancouver Film School. It’s a creative and fast-paced environment where you’re part of recruiting and educating the next generation of actors, filmmakers, video game developers and creative thinkers. Our unique culture is all about celebrating the pure passion and unwavering perseverance of our students as they go through their own amazing personal journeys towards a career in the entertainment arts. Constantly evolving and updating to meet industry demands, VFS believes results matter, and that extends from our classrooms and experienced faculty to our hard-working marketing, admissions, and support departments — and well beyond. If you’d like to join our team, simply browse the open positions below. If none of them seem to fit your particular skillsets, but you think you belong at VFS, apply here. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Reporting to the Facilities Manager, the Building Services & Facilities personnel will be responsible for various tasks involving the maintenance of our 9 campuses. You are expected to provide this service in an efficient and courteous manner.
- Perform other routine maintenance jobs such as painting and drywall repair
- Maintain interior and exterior of institutional buildings
- May move heavy furniture, equipment and supplies
- Other duties as assigned by Facilities Manager
- Valid BC drivers license.
- Adaptable to changing environments
- Able to lift up to 70 lbs.
- Experience in building maintenance or facilities related role.
- Confidence with building maintenance, carpentry, dry-wall, painting, etc.
- Ability to work well with other team members.
- Possesses a positive “can do” attitude.
- Entry level computer knowledge.