Junior Content Designer - Co-op - Position Information
- Vancouver, Canada
- # of Positions:
Work at VFS
There is no such thing as an ordinary day when you work at Vancouver Film School. It’s a creative and fast-paced environment where you’re part of recruiting and educating the next generation of actors, filmmakers, video game developers and creative thinkers. Our unique culture is all about celebrating the pure passion and unwavering perseverance of our students as they go through their own amazing personal journeys towards a career in the entertainment arts. Constantly evolving and updating to meet industry demands, VFS believes results matter, and that extends from our classrooms and experienced faculty to our hard-working marketing, admissions, and support departments — and well beyond.
Reporting to the Creative Director and the Director of Marketing, the Junior Content Designer will be responsible for creating marketing collateral and taking a lead role for developing creative for print and digital projects.
Please note: This is a co-op position
- Develop concepts to final production files for various print and digital materials including:
- Campaign collateral
- Google display ads
- Social media content
- Internal communication collateral,
- Digital and print advertisements
- Meet all brand, timing, budget and other project objectives for digital and print design requests.
- Demonstrated design experience with User Experience and User Interaction.
- Contribute to brainstorming sessions for various projects to ensure an integrated concept is executed.
- Communicating with and prepare artwork files to be sent to printers, vendors and agency partners.
- Maintain a consistent brand tone and graphic standard across all materials.
- Keeps up to date with design/tech trends and ever-evolving social tools.
- Other duties as assigned by the Marketing Manager and/or Creative Director.
- Post-secondary education and experience in graphic design, social content design, digital media, motion design, web design or other relevant experience.
- Experience with software on a Mac platform.
- Have an online portfolio of work demonstrating successful motion/graphic design solutions, in print and digital.
- Knowledge of industry design software and tools including Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, etc.). After Effects, Cinema 4D an asset.
- Experience with project tracking software and messaging/proofing apps. Such as Monday.com or Slack is an asset.
- Knowledge of social media platforms and user experiences.
- Knowledge of graphic design principles, digital design principles and web standards.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite including PowerPoint.
- Motion design and video editing considered a strong asset.
- Organizational and time management skills, with the ability to multi-task and work calmly under pressure.
- Very strong attention to detail.
- A collaborative team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have a sharp sense of design and are passionate about your work.
- Be self-motivated.
- Excel at personal time management.
- Value communication.
- Be reliable and do what it takes to meet deadlines.
- Be able to take direction from others.
- Be open minded and enjoy a challenge.
- Be able to work independently and as a team.
- Enjoy a fast-paced environment.
- Be a creative problem-solver.
- Be fluent in the Adobe Suite programs
Vancouver Film School believes in diversity in all forms and we're committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all. As our team grows, we're looking to work with a wide range of creatives and professionals from different backgrounds, including but not limited to Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, newcomers to Canada, seniors, visible minorities and people from all genders, sexual orientation and religious backgrounds. We want to assure both our students and staff that this is of the utmost importance and strive to improve representation in all areas.Apply Now