Teaching Assistant - Position Information
- Digital Design
- Vancouver, Canada
- # of Positions:
Work at VFS
There is no such thing as an ordinary day when you work at Vancouver Film School. It’s a creative and fast-paced environment where you’re part of recruiting and educating the next generation of actors, filmmakers, video game developers and creative thinkers. Our unique culture is all about celebrating the pure passion and unwavering perseverance of our students as they go through their own amazing personal journeys towards a career in the entertainment arts. Constantly evolving and updating to meet industry demands, VFS believes results matter, and that extends from our classrooms and experienced faculty to our hard-working marketing, admissions, and support departments — and well beyond.
Reporting to the Program Manager and working directly with and in support of the Course Instructor(s), the Teaching Assistant will provide professional, expert and courteous front line educational support to all VFS students within the program they are assigned. The Teaching Assistant is able to work with small groups of students on special projects, help the Course Instructor better know the students, and may assist students in utilizing a variety of instructional resources. The Teaching Assistant will have a basic understanding of a particular area of expertise in the program discipline and who is highly organized, energetic and is a positive self-starter who thrives in an evolving and fast-paced environment. This is a 6 month contract, up until December 31 2022.
- Assist and support the Course Instructor(s) in the delivery of course curriculum within the assigned program discipline.
- Assist the Course Instructor(s) with evaluating and marking student assignments based on the Course Instructor??™s instructions and the program department??™s policies and procedures.
- Act as the liaison between students and Course Instructor and assist students in the classroom and outside of class time.
- Assist and inform students of the procedures for completing and submitting class work.
- Troubleshoot any technical problems students are encountering and act as a liaison between students and the IT department when required.
- Assist the department with submitting student work to festivals and industry.
- Provide general class preparation assistance to Course Instructor including photocopying of course materials and assist with development of course materials when appropriate.
- Attend lectures given by the Course Instructor(s) whom they are assisting.
- Perform other duties as required by the department.
- A degree, diploma, certificate from a recognized post-secondary institution or a graduate of VFS in one of the current disciplines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated good judgment and initiative with the ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Highly organized team player with a flexible approach and works well under pressure.
- Ability to present a professional and positive image and maintain discretion and confidentiality.
- Experience with 3D software is desirable
Vancouver Film School believes in diversity in all forms and we're committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all. As our team grows, we're looking to work with a wide range of creatives and professionals from different backgrounds, including but not limited to Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, newcomers to Canada, seniors, visible minorities and people from all genders, sexual orientation and religious backgrounds. We want to assure both our students and staff that this is of the utmost importance and strive to improve representation in all areas.Apply Now