Social Media & Industry Relations Lead - Position Information
- Vancouver, Canada
- Full Time
- # of Positions:
Work at VFS
There is no such thing as an ordinary day when you work at Vancouver Film School. It’s a creative and fast-paced environment where you’re part of recruiting and educating the next generation of actors, filmmakers, video game developers and creative thinkers. Our unique culture is all about celebrating the pure passion and unwavering perseverance of our students as they go through their own amazing personal journeys towards a career in the entertainment arts. Constantly evolving and updating to meet industry demands, VFS believes results matter, and that extends from our classrooms and experienced faculty to our hard-working marketing, admissions, and support departments — and well beyond.
Reporting to the Manager, Marketing & Experiences, the Social Media & Industry Relations Lead will support the overall Marketing strategy through organic social media platforms, public relation initiatives, community cultivation, alumni successes and brand campaign assistance. Your enthusiasm and positive attitude will help you gain the trust of colleagues and external parties alike. You will promote a positive public image and control the dissemination of information on the schools behalf.
A self-starter, you will thrive in a constantly changing and fast-paced environment. In this fluid position, you must be proactive and able to adapt well to changes.
Your overarching objectives are to:
1. Identify opportunities, define, develop, execute and measure the results of memorable and remarkable social media experiences and campaigns. Particularly Instagram and TikTok.
2. Build brand awareness, recognition, credibility and trust.
3. Work closely with PR teams to support and find opportunities for VFS news and thought-leadership.
4. Connect with industry partners for specific events and develop long lasting relationships that benefit VFS.
5. Touch point for programs and alumni, regarding content collection, success stories, program news, alumni news, etc.
- Identify opportunities, define, develop, execute, and measure the results of social media, industry relation campaigns to promote brand awareness and preference.
- Update and maintain a list of graduates film credits, job titles, and other specific data.
- Help promote an active international Alumni community.
- Proactively identify opportunities for press releases, pitch strong story ideas, and work closely with the Writing and PR teams to draft press releases, and distribute to relevant media contacts.
- Expand the current list of media contacts including traditional (TV, print, web and radio) and online media through research.
- Plan, direct, and manage interviews between our media contacts and VFS staff.
- Collaborate with VFS spokespersons to develop interview strategies and specific message points for social purposes and/or media interviews.
- Increase the number of positive media stories.
- Sourcing external content to share on social media.
- Creating and managing social calendar and uploading content.
- Reporting on social media platform performance, trends.
- Social media copywriting with the VFS brand voice and tone in mind.
- Social media community management.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager, Marketing & Experiences and the Director of Marketing.
- Ability to develop and apply creative solutions to complex issues.
- Excellent oral and written communications and presentation skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and independently, yet able to work well within a team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Social media management experience, particularly Hootsuite and familiarity with platform nuances, especially Instagram and TikTok.
- Working knowledge of MS Office; photography, design and video-editing program knowledge is an asset.
- Strong media relations, public relations and research skills.
- Outstanding organizational and planning abilities
- Ability to work professionally with diverse personalities.
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy.
- 3 years progressive experience in social media management.
- Experience operating within a Marketing and/or sales environment.
- Relevant post-secondary education
Vancouver Film School believes in diversity in all forms and we're committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all. As our team grows, we're looking to work with a wide range of creatives and professionals from different backgrounds, including but not limited to Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, newcomers to Canada, seniors, visible minorities and people from all genders, sexual orientation and religious backgrounds. We want to assure both our students and staff that this is of the utmost importance and strive to improve representation in all areas.Apply Now