Z-Brush Instructor - Position Information
- 3D Animation & Visual Effects
- Vancouver, Canada
- Part Time
- # of Positions:
Work at VFS
There is no such thing as an ordinary day when you work at Vancouver Film School. It’s a creative and fast-paced environment where you’re part of recruiting and educating the next generation of actors, filmmakers, video game developers and creative thinkers. Our unique culture is all about celebrating the pure passion and unwavering perseverance of our students as they go through their own amazing personal journeys towards a career in the entertainment arts. Constantly evolving and updating to meet industry demands, VFS believes results matter, and that extends from our classrooms and experienced faculty to our hard-working marketing, admissions, and support departments — and well beyond.
Reporting to the Senior Instructor, Animation Concept Art. The Instructor is responsible for delivering curriculum effectively and providing feedback to students.
- Work closely with the Senior Instructor to ensure class curriculum is accurate to current industry modeling and/or visual development standards and is communicated to students in a clear and concise manner.
- Individual guidance of students where appropriate.
- Punctual and conscientious management of classes.
- Collaboration with Teaching Assistant.
- Collaboration with Senior Instructor and faculty on progression of courses.
- Collaboration with administration staff on resources and equipment issues.
- Experience in character modelling and 3D Sculpting.
- Experience in Visual Development or Concept Art
- Post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree plus minimum 3 years of industry experience or minimum 5 years of industry experience.
- Portfolio demonstrating a high caliber of professional work.
- Ability to lead workshops, lectures and seminars.
- Excellent communication, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Z-Brush skills essential.
- Maya Skills beneficial.
Vancouver Film School believes in diversity in all forms and we're committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all. As our team grows, we're looking to work with a wide range of creatives and professionals from different backgrounds, including but not limited to Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, newcomers to Canada, seniors, visible minorities and people from all genders, sexual orientation and religious backgrounds. We want to assure both our students and staff that this is of the utmost importance and strive to improve representation in all areasApply Now