Network Administrator - Position Information
- Information Technology & Systems
- Vancouver, Canada
- Full Time
- # of Positions:
Work at VFS
There is no such thing as an ordinary day when you work at Vancouver Film School. It’s a creative and fast-paced environment where you’re part of recruiting and educating the next generation of actors, filmmakers, video game developers and creative thinkers. Our unique culture is all about celebrating the pure passion and unwavering perseverance of our students as they go through their own amazing personal journeys towards a career in the entertainment arts. Constantly evolving and updating to meet industry demands, VFS believes results matter, and that extends from our classrooms and experienced faculty to our hard-working marketing, admissions, and support departments — and well beyond.
This role is well suited for a self-motivated team player with strong and timely problem-solving abilities. The ideal candidate will be a very technical, hand on person who isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty and with previous experiences maintaining large scale structured networks. The main emphasis and skill set for this position will be in Network Administrator tasks while Systems Administrator skills are valued. The successful candidate has the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment while managing and prioritizing multiple tasks. In addition, the incumbent must possess effective communication skills that include strong written, verbal, and presentation abilities. Bringing their strong interpersonal skills to the forefront, the incumbent will be required to interact with internal and external parties in a professional and efficient manner. Demonstrated customer service orientation skills are required as is a keen attention to detail.
The candidate will report to the Senior Network & Systems Administrator & Head of IT
- Maintaining the current network and systems infrastructure and policies.
- Developing, implementing and maintaining network policies, procedures and associated training plans for network resource administration, appropriate use, and disaster recovery.
- Conducting research on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- Managing large scale network Infrastructure
- Managing and maintaining security solutions, including firewall, spam, anti-virus and intrusion detection systems.
- Implement network traffic and security monitoring software, and optimize server performance
- Managing Cisco Nexus switches and routers
- Managing all network hardware and equipment, including firewall, VPN, patch panels and fibers
- Managing network load balancers, proxy servers and reverse-proxy servers
- Providing network administration and troubleshooting of various network devices
- Continuously looking for solutions on improving availability and design of existing systems, deploy high-availability resources and routing protocols
- Maintaining data communications and connection solutions, including LAN, WAN & VPN
- Performing network and security audits.
- Maintaining test, development and production environment for various applications and systems.
- Planning, testing, and integrating hardware or software implementations into the network. Integrating into a server virtualization environment.
- Creating and maintaining documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records.
- Planning, acquiring, and coordinating installation of in-house and remote hardware and software across the organizations network.
- Following and maintaining change management procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of IT & Senior Network & Systems Administrator
- A College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and or about five years of equivalent work experience.
- Advance knowledge of Cisco Routers & Switches, Check Point firewall and Citrix network solutions.
- Experience with large scale network deployments and VDI technology, i.e. Citrix, Teradici or VMware Horizon
- Advanced Skills with VMware datacentre virtualisation and network solutions.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Proven experience in installing, upgrading, and maintaining network devices.
- Experience in gathering and analyzing business requirements.
Vancouver Film School believes in diversity in all forms and we're committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all. As our team grows, we're looking to work with a wide range of creatives and professionals from different backgrounds, including but not limited to Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, newcomers to Canada, seniors, visible minorities and people from all genders, sexual orientation and religious backgrounds. We want to assure both our students and staff that this is of the utmost importance and strive to improve representation in all areas.Apply Now