Post Production Picture Editing Instructor - Position Information
- Vancouver, Canada
- Full Time
- # of Positions:
Work at VFS
There is no such thing as an ordinary day when you work at Vancouver Film School. It’s a creative and fast-paced environment where you’re part of recruiting and educating the next generation of actors, filmmakers, video game developers and creative thinkers. Our unique culture is all about celebrating the pure passion and unwavering perseverance of our students as they go through their own amazing personal journeys towards a career in the entertainment arts. Constantly evolving and updating to meet industry demands, VFS believes results matter, and that extends from our classrooms and experienced faculty to our hard-working marketing, admissions, and support departments — and well beyond.
Reporting to the Head of Film Production, the Instructor is responsible for delivering curriculum effectively and providing feedback to students.
- Provide students with picture editing theory instruction as well as post production workflows and concepts
- Class attendance and grading.
- Individual guidance of students where appropriate.
- Punctual and conscientious management of classes.
- Collaboration with Head of Department and faculty on progression of courses.
- Collaboration with administration staff on resources and equipment issues.
- Attendance at staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of Film Production.
- Expert knowledge and experience with Avid Media Composer
- Knowledge and experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Post-secondary certificate, diploma, degree plus minimum 5 years of industry experience in the specific discipline or minimum 10 years of industry experience in the specific discipline.
- Portfolio demonstrating a high caliber of professional work and corresponding film credits.
- Ability to lead workshops, lectures, and seminars.
- Excellent communication, organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Preference will be given to candidates with an M.F.A. or M.A. degree and individuals with previous college or private post-secondary instructional experience.
Vancouver Film School believes in diversity in all forms and we're committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all. As our team grows, we're looking to work with a wide range of creatives and professionals from different backgrounds, including but not limited to Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, newcomers to Canada, seniors, visible minorities and people from all genders, sexual orientation and religious backgrounds. We want to assure both our students and staff that this is of the utmost importance and strive to improve representation in all areas.Apply Now