Unreal Engine Instructor - Position Information
- Digital Design
- Vancouver, Canada
- Part Time
- # of Positions:
Work at VFS
There is no such thing as an ordinary day when you work at Vancouver Film School. It’s a creative and fast-paced environment where you’re part of recruiting and educating the next generation of actors, filmmakers, video game developers and creative thinkers. Our unique culture is all about celebrating the pure passion and unwavering perseverance of our students as they go through their own amazing personal journeys towards a career in the entertainment arts. Constantly evolving and updating to meet industry demands, VFS believes results matter, and that extends from our classrooms and experienced faculty to our hard-working marketing, admissions, and support departments — and well beyond.
Reporting to the Senior Instructor / Program Lead, the Instructor is responsible for teaching Unreal Engine VR to a small class of motivated designers.
Teaching one day or evening a week, 3 hour classes.
- Develop and deliver high-quality training materials for Unreal Engine VR development, including lectures, presentations, demonstrations, and hands-on exercises.
- Provide guidance and support to students to ensure they have a clear understanding of the concepts and techniques required to create VR experiences using Unreal Engine.
- Evaluate student progress and provide constructive feedback on their work, both in individual and group settings.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends, tools, and techniques in Unreal Engine VR development, and incorporate this knowledge into course curriculum and training materials.
- Collaborate with other instructors and staff to continuously improve the overall training experience and ensure the success of the program.
- Participate in program promotion, recruitment, and outreach efforts, including speaking at conferences and other events.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and uphold the values of the institution or organization.
- Class attendance and grading.
- Attendance at staff meetings (once every two months).
- Other duties assigned by the Senior Instructor / Program Lead.
- Extensive experience using Unreal Engine to develop VR experiences
- Strong knowledge of C++ and Python programming language and Blueprints visual scripting
- Knowledge of VR hardware and software platforms, such as Oculus, HTC Vive, and Valve Index
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively teach and mentor others
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Experience working in a training or educational setting, with a focus on teaching others how to use Unreal Engine for VR development
- Post-secondary certificate, diploma, or degree in a related field, such as computer science or game development, plus a minimum of 3 years of industry experience
- Alternatively, a minimum of 10 years of industry experience in a related field
- Excellent communication, organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
Vancouver Film School believes in diversity in all forms and we're committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all. As our team grows, we're looking to work with a wide range of creatives and professionals from different backgrounds, including but not limited to Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, newcomers to Canada, seniors, visible minorities and people from all genders, sexual orientation and religious backgrounds. We want to assure both our students and staff that this is of the utmost importance and strive to improve representation in all areas.Apply Now