Branding Instructor - Position Information
- Digital Design
- Vancouver, Canada
- Part Time
- # of Positions:
Work at VFS
There is no such thing as an ordinary day when you work at Vancouver Film School. It’s a creative and fast-paced environment where you’re part of recruiting and educating the next generation of actors, filmmakers, video game developers and creative thinkers. Our unique culture is all about celebrating the pure passion and unwavering perseverance of our students as they go through their own amazing personal journeys towards a career in the entertainment arts. Constantly evolving and updating to meet industry demands, VFS believes results matter, and that extends from our classrooms and experienced faculty to our hard-working marketing, admissions, and support departments — and well beyond.
Reporting to the Head of Digital Design, the Branding Instructor will be responsible for helping develop and deliver a relevant, progressive and creative curriculum that teaches students concepts, practices and ideologies related to branding effectively.
- Working from a course syllabus, develop lesson plans detailing what will be taught and how the course material will be delivered.
- Work closely with the Head of Department to ensure class curriculum is accurate and up-to-date and is communicated to students in a clear and concise manner.
- Provide students with guidance and mentorship through various stages of their education
- Mentor students through the application of different methodologies and production techniques.
- Provide students with regular feedback.
- Soft skills ??" experience with providing mock interviews, resume creation, and or career pathways within the digital design industry
- Preparing a student to be prepared for their initial interviews post-graduation from the program
- Post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree (or equivalent) and/or 3 years industry experience or software certification where applicable
- Experience working with and teaching students and providing professional development advice is an asset.
- Ability to lead workshops, lectures and seminars.
- Excellent communication, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Critical thinking problem-solving skills.
- Some appreciation of design and brand history and an understanding of brand creation, promotion and maintenance.
- Ability to demonstrate experience in being part of at least one major branding/re-branding program
- Experience in graphic design and ability to conceptualize and manage design briefs that will incorporate branding with other design tools and techniques, to challenge and motivate students to create effective visual work.
Vancouver Film School believes in diversity in all forms and we're committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all. As our team grows, we're looking to work with a wide range of creatives and professionals from different backgrounds, including but not limited to Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, newcomers to Canada, seniors, visible minorities and people from all genders, sexual orientation and religious backgrounds. We want to assure both our students and staff that this is of the utmost importance and strive to improve representation in all areas.Apply Now