- Up to $250K in scholarships will be available to applicants that want to design or program video games and attend the prestigious Vancouver Film School in 2019.
- Victor Lucas will personally select the applicants to be awarded 2 (two) Full-Tuition scholarships and will offer additional funding up to $250K in partial scholarships to runner-up applicants as well.
- Scholarship applications are open to anyone worldwide age 17 and above, beginning March 1, 2019 and ending at 11:59pm (PST) April 14, 2019.
- The VFS Game Design Program was ranked among the Top 15 Global Game Design Programs in 2018 by The Princeton Review Journal
- To apply simply visit: www.VFS.edu/VictorLucas
(Vancouver, BC) February 28, 2019 - Vancouver Film School (VFS) is proud to announce up to $250 000 in new scholarships to be awarded in March of 2019 by legendary Electric Playground host, Victor Lucas, who will vet applications from prospective students for the celebrated Game Design and Programming for Games, Web + Mobile programs at VFS. Students will be asked to submit creative samples as well as providing an insight into any financial, physical or social obstacles they have had to overcome.
For over two decades, Victor Lucas’ illustrious work has promoted the vibrant world of video games, pioneering journalistic coverage of the medium with The Electric Playground, Reviews on the Run and Judgment Day among others across television and web video. His continued support for the industry and its creators with endeavors such as the annual Canadian Video Game Awards make him an obvious choice as an overseer for these new scholarships, with over 24 years of experience identifying the talent and production quality necessary to shine in video games and excel in Game Design and Programming at Vancouver Film School.
For more information about the scholarships, or to apply to one, visit https://vfs.edu/scholarships-overview-2018
About Vancouver Film School
In 1987, VFS revolutionized entertainment arts education with the introduction of the world’s first one-year intensive film production diploma program. Today, VFS is Canada’s premier post-secondary entertainment arts institution, offering acclaimed and award-winning one-year diploma programs in 3D animation, film, TV, programming, video game, motion and interactive design. For the past 30 years, VFS has been devoted to delivering the highest quality education, and developing the next generation of leaders in the entertainment and creative media industries.
TO BOOK AN INTERVIEW:
VFS Media Contact:
Christopher Ian Bennett,
Executive Producer & Head of Marketing
Vancouver Film School
Follow VFS on Social Media: