VFS supports the success of all students. We promote a healthy educational environment and provide responsive and accessible services. All services, programs, and partnerships are designed to enhance student development.
Adjusting to post-secondary involves new challenges that can be stressful, such as moving far away from home, living alone or with roommates, and navigating a new educational environment. The full-time, intensive programs at VFS can be very demanding and this can increase stress. For those students experiencing acute challenges, VFS offers short-term counselling and crisis support. Our aim is to support students while they regain clarity and healthy coping strategies in attaining their academic and life goals.
For those students who require longer-term support, VFS can arrange a community referral.
Immediate Help & After Hours Emergency
- Personal & Crisis Line: 604.872.3311 (24 hours/day)
- Personal & Crisis Chats: www.crisiscentrechat.ca (noon – 1 a.m.) | www.youthinbc.com (up to 24 years old)
- Suicide Helpline: 1.800.784.2433 (24 hours/day)
- VictimLink (Crisis support for anyone who has experienced violence): 1.800.563.0808 (24 hours/day)
- Vancouver General Hospital Sexual Assault Service: 604.875.4995 (24 hours/day)
- Vancouver Rape Relief: 604.872.8212 (24 hours/day)
- Women Against Violence Against Women: 604.255.6344 (24 hours/day)
Medical Emergency: Dial 9-1-1
Fire ∙ Police ∙ Ambulance
911 is available in 140 languages
How To Book An Appointment
Not sure if you need a counselling appointment? Are you worried about a classmate? Come talk to us in Student Services!
- Student Services Office: 394 West Hastings Street
- Office Hours: Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Anxiety BC - https://www.anxietybc.com/
Here to Help - http://www.heretohelp.bc.ca/
OTHER MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES
Canadian Mental Health Association – http://www.cmha.ca/
Mood Disorders Association of BC - http://www.mdabc.net/
The Crisis Centre - https://crisiscentre.bc.ca/
Qmunity - http://qmunity.ca/
Looking Glass Foundation of BC - http://www.lookingglassbc.com/
Women Against Violence Against Women - http://www.wavaw.ca/
LOOKING FOR A COUNSELLOR?
Counselling BC - http://counsellingbc.com/