Online Certificate Course
Build your motion graphics skills and create a powerful portfolio.
Register for VFS’s Digital Design Online Certificate Course to gain experience in design for visual media and acquire the prerequisites for Vancouver Film School’s one-year, full-time programs.
We welcome enthusiasts, high school students, mature students, and anyone looking to make a career change. When you finish an online certificate course at VFS, you will receive a digital certificate of completion confirming your experience.
$950 $550 (special limited-time offer!)
Combine & save: Take two or more certificate courses and get $50 off each.
7-week course, 6-9 p.m. PST
Lessons occur once a week
**Students must confirm they are at least 16 years old at the beginning of the course in order to register.
**Please note that courses may be cancelled at any time due to low enrolment. Upon cancellation, registrants will receive a full refund.
If you have any questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Introduction to Motion Graphics (online)
This 7-week course will teach you the motion graphics tools & techniques to make eye-catching designs in Adobe After Effects. First, you will explore the foundations of effective vector-based compositions, shape layers, and paths. Then, you will learn different methods of 2D animation, including manually animating with keyframes, understanding the Graph Editor, changing speed with time remapping, and looping with expressions.
Next is compositing, the combining of visual elements from separate sources and masking out areas of an effect. Then, you will learn how to create an animated logo and design & animate titles and call-to-action elements like a ‘Subscribe’ button for social media content. You’ll complete the course by rendering your 1-minute motion graphics video project for presentation.
Learning Outcomes – Participants Will:
- Learn the tools and techniques of Adobe After Effects, including industry terminology.
- Explore the foundation of 2D design in Adobe Illustrator and learn how to import art assets.
- Identify motion graphic techniques in video editing, including animating text and vectors.
- Create motion graphic content for social media.
- Explore how to work with layers & keyframes and apply effects.
- Render a project that can be used for your professional portfolio and post-secondary application.
- Computer with dual monitors (recommended), microphone & camera (optional)
- Stable internet connection
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator & After Effects) (latest version recommended)
*Note: If you do not have Adobe Creative Cloud, please e-mail us at email@example.com, as we may be able to provide you with remote access to a VFS computer to access this software.
Wednesdays, November 2 to December 14, 2022 – **ONLINE course**