- CW’s Arrow Star Actress Emily Bett Rickards has selected a shortlist of 11 incredible actors out of more than 500 global applicants to be considered for prestigious full-ride acting scholarships to Vancouver Film School in Canada.
- Rickards selected finalists from around the world based on creative potential and consideration for any hardships or obstacles they’ve overcome in pursuing their creative dream.
- Rickards will be awarding up to $250,000 in total, through full-tuition scholarships to the VFS Acting for Film & Television program, Acting Essentials program, and partial scholarships to all other finalists that were selected this year.
- All 11 shortlisted finalists will receive a partial scholarship with 2 full-tuition winners being selected in early June to receive a full-scholarship to enroll in the VFS Acting for Film & Television program and also the Acting Essentials programs this year, valued at up to $50,000 USD each.
And the 2019 Acting for Film & Television scholarship finalists are:
- Ava Devine Young - Nelson BC, Canada
- Chloe Meloche – Saint-Lazare QB, Canada
- Courtney Nichol – Saskatoon SK, Canada
- Chelsea Edser – Gowrie-Junktion, Australia
- Erika Leon, Culiacon, Mexico
- Rosey (Hong Yi) Lui – Glen Cove NY, USA
- Kelsey Mpendubundi – Vancouver BC, Canada
- Alise Zaula – Chichester, United Kingdom
- Anna Katarina-Voetsch – Graz, Austria
- Eva Roy – Levis QB, Canada
- Renato Cavalcanti – Cobourg ON, Canada
(Vancouver, BC) May 29, 2019 – Today VFS and acclaimed Canadian actress Emily Bett Rickards confirmed 11 global finalists from around the world for prestigious scholarships to the Vancouver Film School (VFS) Acting for Film & Television and Acting Essentials programs. Selected personally by Rickards, these talented student actors will be eligible to attend VFS starting in the 2019 academic school year with the help of a scholarship program put together alongside Rickards herself.
Recognized as one of the top global Film Schools by both Variety Magazine and Hollywood Reporter Magazine, Vancouver Film School partnered with Rickards to offer this special scholarship, helping support her efforts in guiding young actors who have overcome obstacles and hardships attend a world-class school, taking their first steps towards careers in the entertainment industry.
The Emily Bett Rickards acting scholarships opened February 2019 with student interest in the thousands. From there, an incredible list of hundreds of applicants was put together with the hope of creating a shortlist of finalists from all across the globe, that Rickards would personally select to receive either a partial or full-tuition scholarship to Vancouver Film School, in her honor.
For more information about the scholarships, or visit https://vfs.edu/scholarships-overview-2018
About Vancouver Film School
In 1987, VFS revolutionized entertainment arts education with the introduction of the world’s first one-year intensive film production diploma program. Today, VFS is Canada’s premier post-secondary entertainment arts institution, offering acclaimed and award-winning one-year diploma programs in 3D animation, film, TV, programming, video game, motion and interactive design. For the past 30 years, VFS has been devoted to delivering the highest quality education, and developing the next generation of leaders in the entertainment and creative media industries.
VFS Media Contact:
Christopher Ian Bennett,
Executive Producer & Head of Marketing
Vancouver Film School
Follow VFS on Social Media: