Evolve Your Craft
Whether you have prior training in a related field or no experience at all, this workshop has everything you need to take meaningful steps towards portfolio development for post-secondary study and your dream career. We welcome enthusiasts, high school students, mature students and career changers. Developed by VFS' team of industry professionals, this workshop will give you insight into what we are looking for in students that want to join the Game Design 12-month program at VFS.
2 day course, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with a 1 hour lunch
VFS Campus 400 W. Hastings St.
**Students must confirm they are at least 16 years old at the beginning of the workshop in order to register.
Intro to Game Design: Unreal Engine
Explore Game Design and the Unreal Engine in this introductory workshop. Whether you’re looking to learn Unreal, or take meaningful steps into developing your skillset for further post-secondary study in Game Design, this workshop is for you.
Learning Outcomes - Participants will:
- Learn how to navigate the Unreal Engine 4 editor software
- Create materials using Unreal's material editor and learn about modern rendering techniques
- Design and create a playable level with high-quality game assets
- Learn the basics of Unreal’s Blueprint scripting system to create interactive level elements
- Iteratively test and balance a functional game implementing their work
*Students must confirm they are 16 years or older at the beginning of the workshop in order to register.
“Vancouver is home to one of the top video games clusters in the world with a vibrant mix of domestic and international companies.
Over 170 video game development studios are located here producing top-flight games that are known and loved the world over, in turn creating billions in annual revenue and employing thousands of professionals in Vancouver.”