FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
VFS Alumnus and The Revenant Actor Grace Dove to serve as Schools 1st Alumni Scholarship Ambassador and Audition Panel Judge.
- Vancouver Film School has announced a new scholarship opportunity for Canadian 1st Nations candidates, in the Acting for Film & Television Program
- Actress and VFS Graduate Grace Dove will the scholarships first Alumni Ambassador and 4-city Live Audition Tour Panel Judge
- VFS is offering 2 full-tuition awards for Acting for Film and Television (1-year diploma program), awarded to 1 male and 1 female recipient.
- VFS is also offering 2 awards ($10,000 towards tuition) for the Acting for Film and Television (1-year diploma program).
- The award will also offer 2 awards ($5,000 towards tuition) for the Acting Essentials (4-month certificate program).
- All scholarship applications must be submitted before midnight on April 30, 2018.
(Vancouver, B.C.) October 17, 2017 – Vancouver Film School announced an important new scholarship today that will put Canadian First Nations acting students at the center of the schools current The Search Tour. The new Indigenous Ambassador Scholarship for the Acting for Film & Television program, was created by VFS to ensure that some of the most talented prospective first nations students have the opportunity to study Acting for Film & Television. The award will also have a 4-city tour across Canada with special Live-Audition opportunities to seek out the most deserving indigenous student applicants.
This new scholarship will offer:
- 2 full-tuition awards for the Acting for Film and Television 1-year diploma program, awarded to 1 male and 1 female recipient
- 2 awards ($10,000 towards tuition) for the Acting for Film and Television 1-year diploma program
- 2 awards ($5,000 towards tuition) for the Acting Essentials 4-month certificate program
Former VFS Acting for Film & Television graduate Grace Dove will serve as this year’s Alumni Ambassador for the new scholarship. Featured opposite Leonardo DiCaprio in The Revenant, Grace will also support a 4-city Live Audition Tour as a Panel Judge, seeking to find talented new First Nations acting students who want to study at VFS.
The 4-city tour for the Live Audition component of this Scholarship begins October 27th in Winnipeg Manitoba, continuing November 2nd in Toronto, Ontario. It then travels to November 25th in Iqaluit, Nunavut, wrapping up on December 5th, in Montreal, Quebec. Prospective student applicants who would like to participate in the Live Audition Tour with VFS and Grace Dove should visit the VFS Events Web page or visit VFS on Facebook and register under “events”. The Application for the new Indigenous Ambassador Awards is April 30, 2018.
“This initiative to support Indigenous youth to pursue a career in acting is a step in the right direction in diversifying the industry. These scholarships will make training at VFS more accessible and encourage Indigenous student success. Our time has arrived for Indigenous artists to lead the way. The future will be filled with our people and our stories.”
- Grace Dove, Canadian Indigenous Actor and VFS Acting for Film & Television Graduate
“I believe truth is in nature. No people in Canada are closer to nature than our first people. Whatever VFS may be able to bring to our national indigenous community, it is an absolute certainty that the best stories come from a place of truth.
- James Griffin, Founder & Owner – Vancouver Film School
To apply for the VFS Indigenous Ambassador Scholarship visit:
To register for any of the upcoming VFS Acting for Film & Television Program Live-Audition Events, visit:
About Vancouver Film School
In 1987, VFS revolutionized entertainment arts education with the introduction of the world’s first one-year intensive film production diploma program. Today, VFS is Canada’s premier post-secondary entertainment arts institution, offering acclaimed and award-winning one-year diploma programs in 3D animation, film, TV, programming, video game, motion and interactive design. For the past 30 years, VFS has been devoted to delivering the highest quality education, and developing the next generation of leaders in the entertainment and creative media industries.
Christopher Ian Bennett,
Executive Producer & Head of Marketing
Vancouver Film School
Follow VFS on Social Media: