- On March 4, 2019, a new scholarship will be available for students looking to study 3D Animation and Visual Effects
- One full-tuition scholarship is offered and up to $250,000 in partial scholarships to attend the prestigious Vancouver Film School in 2019
- Pixar animator Michal Makarewicz to partner with Vancouver Film School in choosing recipients
- Students will gain admission to award winning program in one of entertainment’s most lucrative industries
- Scholarship is open to applicants 17 years of age and older, worldwide, and closes 11:59pm (PST) April 14, 2019, with winners being announced on or around April 15, 2019
(Vancouver, BC) March 1, 2019 - Vancouver Film School (VFS) is proud to announce a new scholarship for the popular 3D Animation and Visual Effects program, in conjunction with Pixar animator Michal Makarewicz. Michal will vet applications from prospective students looking for admission to this award-winning program, working with VFS to award one recipient with a full-tuition scholarship and up to $250,000 in partial scholarships to runner-up applicants hoping to attend the VFS 3D Animation & Visual Effects program in 2019.
With a long pedigree in animation, Michal joined Pixar Animation Studios in early 2003. He has worked as an animator on The Incredibles, Cars, Ratatouille, Wall-E, Up–where he was the Supervising Animator on the Up DVD short: Dug's Special Mission, Toy Story 3, Cars 2–as Directing Animator, Brave, Finding Dory–as Directing Animator, and most recently The Incredibles 2.
Michal was awarded an Annie for "Outstanding Character Animation in a Feature Production" by the International Animated Film Society in 2008, for his work in Ratatouille. In addition to his work at Pixar, Michal has been teaching animation since 2005.
Students around the world can apply for this new scholarship starting March 4, 2019 and ending at 12:01am (PDT) on April 14, 2019. Students will be asked to answer questions focused on their interest and dedication to 3D Animation and Visual Effects. Entries will be reviewed and personally approved by Michal with winners being announced on or around April 15, 2019, helping these students on their journey to prosperous careers in the creative economy.
About Vancouver Film School
In 1987, VFS revolutionized entertainment arts education with the introduction of the world’s first one-year intensive film production diploma program. Today, VFS is Canada’s premier post-secondary entertainment arts institution, offering acclaimed and award-winning one-year diploma programs in 3D animation, film, TV, programming, video game, motion and interactive design. For the past 30 years, VFS has been devoted to delivering the highest quality education, and developing the next generation of leaders in the entertainment and creative media industries.
TO BOOK AN INTERVIEW:
VFS Media Contact:
Christopher Ian Bennett,
Executive Producer & Head of Marketing
Vancouver Film School
Follow VFS on Social Media: