Over four days, VFS will host some of the brightest creatives in Vancouver for stimulating talks including a special Storyteller’s Studio AMA with acclaimed visual designer Nicolas Lopardo
- The DDC is VFS’s initiative to bring together Vancouver’s creative design communities.
- Featured speakers include professionals working for Microsoft, Coal Car, Scarab Digital, Ordinary Folk, and Vancouver Film School.
- The conference will end with a Storyteller’s Studio AMA featuring visual designer Nicolas Lopardo, whose work can be seen in Top Gun: Maverick, the Call of Duty video games, and series The OA.
- The DDC is free to attend, but guests must register.
(VANCOUVER, B.C.) March 6, 2020 – Vancouver Film School is proud to announce its inaugural Digital Design Conference will be held at the VFS Animation Campus on March 23-26.
The Digital Design Conference is Vancouver Film School’s initiative to bring the design, creative technology, and visual communication communities of Vancouver together.
Over four days, the DDC will gather a broad range of Vancouver-based creative designers to share ideas and explore new initiatives and breakthroughs in interactive design, motion graphics, visual communication, UX/UI design, gaming, emerging technology, VR/AR, projection mapping, and more.
The DDC will feature stimulating talks and experiences including a Storyteller’s Studio AMA with acclaimed visual designer Nicolas Lopardo (Top Gun: Maverick, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, The OA), and a select group of professionals including:
- Henry Chu — Product Designer, Microsoft
- Angie Ferret — FUI Designer, Scarab Digital
- Jorge R. Canedo — Creative Director, Ordinary Folk
- Charla Pereira — HoloLens Senior Designer, Microsoft
- Ryan Semeniuk — Creative & Art Director, Freelance
Registration for the event is free.
For more information and to register, visit https://vfs.edu/events/digital-design-conference.
About Vancouver Film School
In 1987, Vancouver Film School introduced the world’s first true immersion film program. Today, VFS is Canada’s premier entertainment-arts centre, offering an immersive curriculum in film, animation, video game production, VR/AR development, motion and interactive design, programming, art/production foundation, and other related programs. VFS is known for providing high-quality education in accelerated timeframes. VFS alumni are consistently credited on the most successful products in the entertainment economies.