I'm offering a place - 33 Smithe Street
- Available on:
- July 01, 2019
- $1597 per month
- 1 Bedroom
- Square feet:
- No Smoking Allowed
- No Pets
33 Smithe Street
I found this awesome place through a family friend, and am looking for a roommate to share the space with me. It is a quick four-block walk to VFS, is already furnished, has a gym and pool, internet, and a garage. The rent mentioned in the listing is your half--it might seem a bit steep but after I did the math of what it would cost for transportation/parking, internet, buying furniture, laundromat, and gym membership at other cheaper places it actually worked out to be about the same for a really nice place.
This place is/ has:
- 15 minute walk to VFS campus
- utilities and internet included
- washer and dryer in unit
- pool/hot tub
- Never send money to a location outside of Vancouver
- If possible, you, or a friend, should physically view the property
- Make sure there is a physical address and check it on a map
- Make sure that you have all details of the individual providing the listing: where they work, full name, address, phone number, etc.
- Always ensure that you are going to be able to meet the landlord or manager of the property in person to receive the keys and inspect the apartment together
- Note that SIN, bank account, and credit card number are not required to rent an apartment
- When you receive a contract, please read the full text (and the fine print) carefully and be sure you understand it fully before you sign. VFS is not responsible for terms and conditions imposed by third-party services.
- Follow your instincts. Anything that seems too good to be true, probably is — and may be a scam.
- If you have any doubts or are unsure as to whether a posting is legitimate, don’t hesitate to reach out to our Housing Team at email@example.com