International Admissions Manager - Position Information
- # of Positions:
Work at VFS
There is no such thing as an ordinary day when you work at Vancouver Film School. It’s a creative and fast-paced environment where you’re part of recruiting and educating the next generation of actors, filmmakers, video game developers and creative thinkers. Our unique culture is all about celebrating the pure passion and unwavering perseverance of our students as they go through their own amazing personal journeys towards a career in the entertainment arts. Constantly evolving and updating to meet industry demands, VFS believes results matter, and that extends from our classrooms and experienced faculty to our hard-working marketing, admissions, and support departments — and well beyond.
Please Note: This position will be based in Beijin, China
Reporting to the Director, International Admissions & Business Development, this position will assist in the development, communication and implementation of recruitment strategies and action plans to achieve international student enrollment objectives. The International Admissions Manager will improve the quality and quantity of the student body with a focus on improving VFS' standing in the international marketplace, while enhancing the Institution's presence and reputation. This position is responsible for identifying new international student growth initiatives, and the implementation of strategic and operational plans. The incumbent will be a role model and provide mentorship for staff working in Admissions and Admissions support capacity internationally and set appropriate examples by providing high quality customer service to all constituents. They will be responsible for the management of external partners and will ensure all activities and relationships are consistent with VFS standards and values, and exceed regulatory compliance thresholds.
- Take a leadership role in all international sales and student recruitment initiatives/opportunities that arise from or are consistent with the regional business plan.
- Be a driving force in the establishment of VFS work ethic, culture and values and through personal example, establish the style and approach, which will characterize the Companys dealings with the marketplace.
- Where assigned, conduct an analysis of international student recruiting requirements and recommend to the Director, International Admissions & Business Development a road map for strategic development and implementation.
- Monitor progress related to the VFS enrollment targets and help implement programs ensuring targets are met on a global enrollment, program-by-program and specific start date basis. Identify enrollment opportunities and focus on regularly and systematically pursuing those opportunities.
- Build and manage strategic relationships with a range of agents, high schools, and post-secondary Universities whose students can be successful as VFS students.
- Engage in discussions/negotiations for high potential pathway opportunities (agreements with large agencies, foreign universities, online educators, etc.).
- Support all administrative responsibilities associated with student enrollment and advising.
- Work directly with the International Admissions Coordinator team in Vancouver to ensure new enrollments are supported and all required documentation is uploaded to the systems.
- Participate in appropriate recruitment and enrollment activities including: open houses, regional presentations, training sessions, orientation programs locally and internationally. Attendance at agent training and student recruitment events in the region.
- Implement short- and long-range student recruitment goals as set by the Director for International Admissions & Business Development and/or Managing Director, and conduct analysis and evaluations to measure performance against those goals.
- Establish system of reporting and analytics to monitor key metrics/activities.
- Assist with the development of and monitor quality and frequency of all contact and follow up for all leads; propose and implement training, and reporting to be able to identify any areas that can be improved.
- Review attrition (withdrawal and dismissal) to minimize occurrences, which can be addressed at the enrolment and admission stage.
- Identify areas where admissions standards are not being upheld; plan and implement training to address these areas to ensure VFS standards are being met and subsequently exceeded.
- Provide reporting to the Director, International Admissions & Business Development that allows senior management to understand trends in the following areas: lead development progression or regression, lead sources, materialization of all major marketing efforts, and other requested specifics.
- Ensure International agents and partners are operating with consistent and standardized business practices.
- Uphold the highest level of customer service and integrity in all situations.
- Provide all admissions and administrative oversight for all student enrolments from Thailand, Vietnam and other regions assigned ownership to you.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director, International Admissions & Business Development.
- Superior sales skills, preferably selling an intangible product, at a senior level for a minimum of 5 years. A proven sales track record that can be described numerically.
- Degree/Diploma in Business Administration or other business/management degree area.
- Proven business development experience.
- Previous significant direct supervisory experience in a sales environment.
- Advanced knowledge and skills in procedures and systems.
- Proven ability to work and manage databases efficiently.
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook).
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multitask and perform well under pressure and exceptional customer service skills are required.
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills with an attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Must be fluent in the following languages: English and Mandarin also important.
The scope and depth of our mission is what makes it vital for us to seek out diverse perspectives, innovation, resourcefulness, and navigational expertise. This is why our team represents countless different nations, lived experience, and people of all journeys. Diversity is our number one strength at VFS. We are successful when we are equal. If this speaks to you, we encourage you to inquire about opportunities with us, today.
We thank everyone in advance for their time and consideration pertaining to their application for this opportunity. At this time, we will only be reaching out to those advancing through the candidate pathway. Kindly note that the total compensation package for this role will commensurate with experience.
Salary: $40,000 - $45,000 annually plus bonusApply Now