Building Services and Facilities Technican - Position Information
- Vancouver, Canada
- Full Time
- # of Positions:
Work at VFS
There is no such thing as an ordinary day when you work at Vancouver Film School. It’s a creative and fast-paced environment where you’re part of recruiting and educating the next generation of actors, filmmakers, video game developers and creative thinkers. Our unique culture is all about celebrating the pure passion and unwavering perseverance of our students as they go through their own amazing personal journeys towards a career in the entertainment arts. Constantly evolving and updating to meet industry demands, VFS believes results matter, and that extends from our classrooms and experienced faculty to our hard-working marketing, admissions, and support departments — and well beyond.
VFS is Canadas premier post-secondary entertainment arts institution, offering an immersive curriculum in film, animation, design and beyond. VFS is known for providing high-quality education and offers industry programs in which students graduate as in-demand creative professionals. In 2021, VFS alumni were credited on all 10 of the highest-grossing films, 5 of the 15 top-rated TV shows, and 8 of the top 12 best-selling video games worldwide
The Vancouver Film School (VFS) is seeking a creative, dynamic and highly motivated individual with strong skills as a multitasker, relationship builder and problem solver. You are a team player who demonstrates professionalism, a commitment to excellence and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment where you must balance multiple priorities. You are solution-oriented, and willingly accept new challenges and assignments.
Reporting to the Facilities Manager, the Building Services and Facilities Technician is responsible for various tasks involving the maintenance and operational integrity of our campuses across downtown Vancouver.
Tasks can include, but are not limited to:
- Routine maintenance jobs such as pressure washing, plumbing repairs, interior and exterior upkeep of institutional buildings
- Minor electrical maintenance
- Painting and drywall repair
- Space and accommodations planning and execution
- Light carpentry work
- Moving equipment, furniture and supplies
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent; or an acceptable combination of training, education and experience.
- Trade certification or similar schooling will be considered an asset.
- Experience in building maintenance or facilities-related role(s).
- General experience with HVAC systems and adjusting thermostat set points.
- General experience working safely with power tools and other hardware implements.
- General experience with carpentry, painting, drywall and plumbing-related issues.
- Experience working with computers and basic knowledge of email, internet, word processing.
- Valid British Columbia drivers license.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs.
- Reliable, flexible and adaptable, while exercising good judgement.
VFS is a committed learning organization and, as such, will support on-the-job instruction and coaching to help supplement existing skills and experience.Apply Now