Instructor - Position Information
- Vancouver, Canada
- # of Positions:
Work at VFS
There is no such thing as an ordinary day when you work at Vancouver Film School. It’s a creative and fast-paced environment where you’re part of recruiting and educating the next generation of actors, filmmakers, video game developers and creative thinkers. Our unique culture is all about celebrating the pure passion and unwavering perseverance of our students as they go through their own amazing personal journeys towards a career in the entertainment arts. Constantly evolving and updating to meet industry demands, VFS believes results matter, and that extends from our classrooms and experienced faculty to our hard-working marketing, admissions, and support departments — and well beyond.
Vancouver Film School is always looking for talented professionals in the industry to teach and share their expertise with the next generation of artists and creatives. VFS Instructors are responsible for delivering curriculum effectively and providing feedback to students about their performance.
Please note: we currently do not have any opening at this time. If a job becomes active and your qualifications meet the requirements of the job, we will contact you.
- Provide students with instruction based upon existing curriculum
- Manage class attendance and grading.
- Provide individual guidance to students where appropriate.
- Be punctual and conscientious when managing classes.
- Collaborate with the Head of Department and faculty on progression of courses.
- Collaborate with administration staff on resources and equipment issues.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of department.
- Post-secondary certificate, diploma, degree plus minimum 3 years of industry experience in a specific discipline OR minimum 10 years of industry experience in the specific discipline.
- Expert knowledge in one of the areas VFS provides education and training in; such as Animation Concept, Film Production, Programming of Games, Web & Mobile, Writing for Film, Television and Games, 3D Animation & Visual effects, Classical Animation, Game Design, Sound Design for Visual Media, Acting for Film & Television, Digital Design, Makeup Design for Film and Television, VR/AR Design Developers
- Portfolio demonstrating a high caliber of professional work and corresponding credits if appropriate.
- Experience leading workshops, lectures, and seminars.
- Excellent communication, organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Moodle and Zoom.
- Understanding of the learning profile of young adults entering the industry.
All instructors must meet minimum requirements in accordance to Private Training Institutions Branch (PITB). Instructors must have a degree or certificate as well as 3 years work experience in their specific discipline. OR 10 years industry work experience.
Job Types: Full-time permanent, 1-year fixed term contract, or short term ranging from 3 months to a year.
Job Locations: VFS instructors will be teaching on campus some courses maybe online depending on the program.
Benefits: (for eligible full-time staff)
- Extended health, dental benefits and HSA (health care spending account)
Employee Discounts and Rewards:
- Vancouver Film School tuition discounts for friends and family
- Learn from the best industry experts. All full-time employees will have access to VFS Connect Workshop Courses such as Gaming Design Fundamentals, Intro to Directing, Screenwriting Fundamentals, Intro to Maya and many more.
- Access to specialized production equipment and space such as camera equipment, props, movie sets and more.
- Professional development lunches
- Annual personal days (for eligible full-time staff)
- Time off during winter break
Vancouver Film School believes in diversity in all forms and we're committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all. As our team grows, we're looking to work with a wide range of creatives and professionals from different backgrounds, including but not limited to Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, newcomers to Canada, seniors, visible minorities and people from all genders, sexual orientation and religious backgrounds. We want to assure both our students and staff that this is of the utmost importance and strive to improve representation in all areas.Apply Now