Mentor - Position Information
- Vancouver, Canada
- # of Positions:
Work at VFS
There is no such thing as an ordinary day when you work at Vancouver Film School. It’s a creative and fast-paced environment where you’re part of recruiting and educating the next generation of actors, filmmakers, video game developers and creative thinkers. Our unique culture is all about celebrating the pure passion and unwavering perseverance of our students as they go through their own amazing personal journeys towards a career in the entertainment arts. Constantly evolving and updating to meet industry demands, VFS believes results matter, and that extends from our classrooms and experienced faculty to our hard-working marketing, admissions, and support departments — and well beyond.
Vancouver Film School is always looking for talented professionals in the industry to teach and share their expertise with the next generation of artists and creatives. VFS Mentors are responsible for mentoring in their specific discipline and providing feedback to students.
Please note: we currently do not have any opening at this time. If a job becomes active and your qualifications meet the requirements of the job, we will contact you.
- Mentoring students by assisting the Senior Instructor and specific Instructor(s) with curriculum delivery.
- Assisting the Head of Department and/or Senior Instructor with production meetings where applicable.
- Assisting Instructor(s) with preparation and duplication of course materials.
- Mentoring during Work Period and Open Lab times.
- Instructing students on basic equipment usage.
- Evaluating/marking student assignments based on Senior Instructors instruction and the departments policies and procedures.
- Other curriculum related duties as required.
- Post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree (or equivalent) and/or 3 years industry experience or software certification where applicable.
- Strong understanding of the particular area of expertise in a specific programs discipline which could be in the areas of: Animation Concept, Film Production, Programming of Games, Web & Mobile, Writing for Film, Television and Games, 3D Animation & Visual effects, Classical Animation, Game Design, Sound Design for Visual Media, Acting for Film & Television, Digital Design, Makeup Design for Film and Television, VR/AR Design Developers.
- Previous experience working with and teaching students is advantageous.
- Ability to lead workshops, lectures and seminars.
- Excellent communication, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
All mentors must meet minimum requirements in accordance to Private Training Institutions Branch (PITB). Mentors must have a degree or certificate as well as 3 years work experience in their specific discipline OR 10 years industry work experience.
Job Types: Short term work periods ranging from 1 month to 3 months.
Job Locations: VFS mentors will be teaching on campus some courses maybe online based depending on the program
Vancouver Film School believes in diversity in all forms and we're committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all. As our team grows, we're looking to work with a wide range of creatives and professionals from different backgrounds, including but not limited to Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, newcomers to Canada, seniors, visible minorities and people from all genders, sexual orientation and religious backgrounds. We want to assure both our students and staff that this is of the utmost importance and strive to improve representation in all areas.Apply Now