Find a Roommate
This service is designed to help you to connect with other upcoming, current, and graduate students of VFS, to arrange shared accommodation.
- Anything that seems too good to be true could be a scam
- Never send money to a destination outside of Vancouver
- Make sure that you have all details of the individual providing the listing: where they work, full name, address, phone number, etc.
- If possible, you, or a friend, should physically view the property
- Make sure there is a physical address
- Always ensure that you are going to be able to meet the landlord or manager of the property in person to receive the keys and inspect the apartment together
- When in doubt, err on the side of caution
- When you receive a contract, please read the full text (and the fine print) carefully and be sure you understand it before you sign. VFS is not responsible for terms and conditions imposed by third-party services.
Depending on your needs, you may want to use VFS’s housing coordinator or a housing service, like the ones list below.
VFS provides a housing search through our housing service. Blair Robertson, our housing coordinator, will search on your behalf for the most appropriate housing that fits your budget/needs.
You can contact Blair at
- +1 604-631-3078 or
Note: The fee for this service is $400.00 ($389.96 + tax) if you live alone. Applicable taxes are British Columbia's 5% Goods and Services Tax (GST). If you share with one other person, the service fee is $350.00 each ($333.34 + tax). Although your spouse/partner is not considered a second person, he/she must fill out the Tenancy Application as a co-applicant. If you share with several people, the service fee is $300.00 each ($285.72 + tax). For students who wish to bring a pet, an additional fee of $100/pet (including tax) will apply. All amounts above are in Canadian dollars. Payments must be made when we meet you in-person to deliver keys.
Bell Accommodation Services specializes in short- and long-term housing. They have worked with VFS students for a number of years.