Breathe life into animals and creatures in this specialized pillar of modern live-action and full CG animation. Learn how to apply the analysis of animals and humans to create and edit projects in real world productions.
A Brand-New Advanced Program
Vancouver Film School is adding a specialized production program to our School of Animation. As there is currently a growing demand for creature and VFX animators in the industry, VFS will soon be offering a course designed to further advance the study of this complex field of animation. This is your chance to join the wait list and find out more information before the program starts.
What Is Creature Animation?
The ability to achieve photo realistic movement and performance is at the heart of Creature Animation and is revolutionizing the entertainment industry, impacting project workflows across entertainment media.
About the Course
In this advanced program, students will learn how to enhance their shot design, cinematography, and storytelling skills in an evolving production workflow. Students will graduate with a demo reel produced through a group film project that mirrors a real-world production pipeline and prepares their skillsets for the growing world of entertainment media.
A Creature Animation Education
In 6 months, you will graduate with:
- A diploma in Creature Animation
- A portfolio showcasing your work
- Access to the VFS Alumni Directory & Job Board
- Industry connections that will help guide your career
To Be Announced
For more information on payments or financial aid please contact us.
For information about housing options including homestay visit our accommodations page.
*All fees are in Canadian Dollars. Additional fees may apply. Prices may change without further notice.
- Students must be 19 years of age or older and be able to demonstrate successful high school completion or GED equivalent.
- An IELTS Band 6.5 – Academic level or equivalent.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma/certificate in computer animation and/or 1 year production experience in animation or game pipeline.
- 1-2 years of experience working with Maya.
- Proficiency in Adobe CC Suite.
- Intermediate knowledge of 3D animation.
- Basic knowledge of camera and lighting.
- Basic knowledge of rigging.
For more about language requirements and other information for international students, visit the International Students page (Level 2 Language Requirements).
You will be asked to submit a visual art portfolio (a demo reel of production, student or personal work that includes 5-10 samples of your animation experience) with your application.
Located in the heart of beautiful downtown Vancouver, our eight state-of-the-art campuses offer lots of workshop and production spaces, green screen rooms, film sets, studios, screening rooms, theatres, and 24/7 access to computer labs with industry-standard software.
While attending VFS, Creature Animation students are immersed in the emerging technologies industry and gain experience through the direct production of professional-quality work. Our modernized facilities and equipment, industry-led mentorship and career preparation, and accelerated education model show in the projects our students produce. At VFS, a portfolio of outstanding work is just the beginning.