What are VFS Summer Intensives?
Our Summer Intensives are five-day intensive workshops in a variety of creative mediums. If you are considering pursuing a full-time education in the entertainment/media arts, these workshops provide unique opportunities to spend one week at Vancouver Film School and get a taste of our 12-month advanced programs.
Taught by industry professionals, VFS Summer Intensives are designed to challenge you creatively, build your professional portfolio, and help you make an informed decision about your post-secondary education.
How much do Summer Intensives cost?
- Acting for Film & Television - $500
- Introduction to Animation, Film & Design - $500
- Game Design - $825
- Film Production - $825
- 3D Animation & Visual Effects - $825
- Makeup for Film & Television - $825
Do I need high school or industry experience in order to take Summer Intensives?
No previous experience is required.
Is there an age restriction for the Summer Intensives?
Students must confirm they are 16 years of age or older at the beginning of the workshop in order to register.
What is included in the cost of each workshop?
The Summer Intensive fee includes the full curriculum, access to VFS computers and software during the workshop, and a certificate of completion. When you finish your Summer Intensive, you will also have completed new work for your professional portfolio.
What should I bring?
Please refer to each individual workshop for requirements.
Are there lunch breaks?
Yes, there is a lunch break from 12-1 p.m. Please bring a packed lunch as most groups will eat together on campus.
What happens with my final project?
Your final project will be emailed to you following the end of the workshop. We also recommend you bring a USB storage device to save any files you want to keep.
Can I receive course credit towards a full-time VFS program if I take a Summer Intensive?
We cannot offer course credit for Summer Intensives at this time. Summer Intensives are specifically designed to provide students with an overview of what they will experience in our full-time programs and therefore do not represent any specific course credit(s).
What are the terms and conditions?
- All fees must be paid in advance, and in full.
- If a workshop does not reach its minimum capacity, the workshop will be cancelled, and registrants will receive a full refund. A cancellation fee will not be applied.
- Tuition paid towards the intensive program is not protected by the PTIB student training completion fund. For more information visit: Ministry of Advanced Education
- Vancouver Film School does not offer custodianship services.
Refunds before the program of study starts:
VFS will refund the tuition that was paid in relation to the program in which the student is enrolled if VFS receives a notice of withdrawal from the student no later than seven days after the effective contract date and before the contract start date.
More than seven days after the effective contract date and:
- at least 30 days before the contract start date, VFS may retain up to 10% of the tuition due under the student enrolment contract, to a maximum of $1,000.
- less than 30 days before the contract start date, VFS may retain up to 20% of the tuition due under the student enrolment contract, to a maximum of $1,300.
Refunds after the program of study starts:
If VFS receives a notice of withdrawal from a student, or if VFS delivers a notice of dismissal to a student and the date VFS delivers the notice to the student is, after the contract start date:
- but before 11% of the hours of instruction to be provided during the contract term have been provided, VFS may retain up to 30% of the tuition due under the student enrolment contract.
- and including 11% and more but before 30% of the hours of instruction to be provided during the contract term have been provided, VFS may retain up to 50% of the tuition due under the student enrolment contract.
- and at 30% or more of the hours of instruction to be provided during the contract term have been provided, no refund will be provided.