PHP Web Developer - Position Information
- Information Technology & Systems
- Vancouver, Canada
- Full Time
- # of Positions:
Work at VFS
There is no such thing as an ordinary day when you work at Vancouver Film School. It’s a creative and fast-paced environment where you’re part of recruiting and educating the next generation of actors, filmmakers, video game developers and creative thinkers. Our unique culture is all about celebrating the pure passion and unwavering perseverance of our students as they go through their own amazing personal journeys towards a career in the entertainment arts. Constantly evolving and updating to meet industry demands, VFS believes results matter, and that extends from our classrooms and experienced faculty to our hard-working marketing, admissions, and support departments — and well beyond.
Reporting to the Head, IT and working within the IT department, the Intermediate Web Developer will be responsible for contributing to the development, support and maintenance of all VFS websites, microsites, internal systems, and web services. The incumbent will be an experienced web developer familiar with both front and back end development. This individual will be highly organized, energetic and a positive self-starter who thrives in an evolving and fast-paced environment.
- Develop, deploy, and maintain standard compliant, scalable websites, responsive web applications, using the latest web technologies.
- Develop and grow the infrastructure of our intranet web systems.
- Maintain and grow internal systems/processes that include but are not limited to our CRM, ERP, e-learning platform, etc.
- Support end users with technical issues and bugs, determine and implement bug fixes in systems.
- Building website features for new and ongoing marketing campaigns.
- Develop engaging interactive components using a variety of technologies that push the envelope of innovation.
- Keeping current with new applicable software, technology, and trends.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of IT
- Post-secondary education or university degree in a related discipline along with a minimum of two years of professional experience in web design and development.
- Knowledge and work experience with PHP 7 , server-side frameworks and other back-end technologies.
- Knowledge of relational database design and SQL.
- Experience with Laravel
- Experience with cross-browser development including responsive.
- Capable of working independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated good judgment and initiative along with time management skills.
- Ability to present a professional and positive image with excellent written and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Experience with Drupal or similar CMS.
- Experience with Moodle learning platform.
- Laravel back-end framework and the Bootstrap front-end framework
- Understanding of Object Oriented design and development principals.
- Experience with SQL Server
- Understanding of the LAMP and/or WIMP development environment.
- Experience with SCM systems like Git, Subversion, Mercurial, or Perforce.
Vancouver Film School believes in diversity in all forms and we're committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all. As our team grows, we're looking to work with a wide range of creatives and professionals from different backgrounds, including but not limited to Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, newcomers to Canada, seniors, visible minorities and people from all genders, sexual orientation and religious backgrounds. We want to assure both our students and staff that this is of the utmost importance and strive to improve representation in all areas.Apply Now