What is VFS Creative Break?
For students considering a full-time education in the entertainment arts or wanting to explore their creativity during Spring Break, VFS Creative Break workshops feature two days of fun & creative exploration. Taught by industry experts, these professional workshops will allow you to develop & hone your skills, create exciting projects, and gain awareness of what you could achieve through a career in B.C.’s booming creative economy.
Creative Break 2022 – COVID-19 Advisory
With health & safety as our top priority, Vancouver Film School will hold some of its Creative Break 2022 workshops remotely and will provide a limited number of workshops on campus. For all on campus workshops, safety measures will be in place to ensure the health & safety of all instructors and participants. Face masks will be required.
We are monitoring the situation closely and we reserve the right to cancel on campus workshops based on guidance from BC Ministry of Health.
For more information about what VFS is doing during the COVID-19 pandemic, please visit vfs.edu/vfs-advisory.
Do I need high school/industry experience in order to take a Creative Break workshop?
Not at all!
Is there an age restriction for Creative Break?
Yes. Creative Break workshops are restricted to students aged 15 to 18 at the beginning of the workshop. No exceptions.
What are the hours each day of the Creative Break workshops?
Class hours are typically 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. PST every day. You will receive a full schedule before your workshop begins.
Are there any lunch breaks?
Yes, there is a 1-hour lunch break at noon.
What do I need for the workshop?
All course materials will be provided. We recommend a pen and a notebook if you want to take additional notes, in addition to the requirements listed on our website.
If you're taking part in the Film Production workshops, please remember to have headphones/earphones available for any video editing classes.
If you're taking part in the Acting workshop, please remember to wear comfortable clothes.
I’d like to speak to a VFS Admissions Advisor.
If you'd like to meet one-on-one with our Admissions Advisors, please contact Gija Williams at email@example.com or call 604-631-3074.
What happens with my Creative Break final project?
We will e-mail you your work after the workshop. Please make sure to register for the workshops using your current and valid e-mail address. If you have registered and need to update your e-mail address, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, Creative Break program, and new e-mail address.
What is included in the cost of each Creative Break?
The fee includes the full curriculum, materials, and a certificate of completion. When you've finished your workshop, you'll also have some new work to help define your future creative path.
What are the terms and conditions?
- All fees must be paid in advance, and in full.
- If a Creative Break workshop does not reach its minimum capacity, the program will be cancelled and registrants will automatically receive a full refund. A cancellation fee will not be applied.
- Tuition paid towards the Creative Break workshop is not protected by the PTIB student training completion fund. For more information visit: Ministry of Advanced Education.
- If you choose to cancel your registration, there is a non-refundable administrative fee of 20% of the total program cost.
- If cancellation notice is received at least seven days prior to the start of the workshop, VFS will refund the total cost, minus the administrative fee.
- If cancellation notice is received less than seven days prior to the start of the workshop, no refunds will be given.