What is VFS Creative Break?
For students considering a full-time education in the entertainment arts or wanting to explore their creativity during Spring Break, VFS Creative Break workshops feature two days of fun and creative exploration. Supported by industry experts, Creative Break invites you to participate in professional workshops and create exciting projects. In just two days, you will develop and hone your skills, and gain awareness of real jobs in B.C.’s booming creative economy.
Creative Break 2021 – COVID-19 Advisory
With health and safety as our top priority, Vancouver Film School is planning for an online delivery of Creative Break programs in March 2021.
Should COVID-19 circumstances improve, Creative Break programs could be held in person on campus for participants local to Vancouver. In this case, Vancouver Film School will remain committed to fulfilling the online delivery of workshops for participants from outside Vancouver. Standard refund policy will continue to apply.
We will be reviewing Creative Break programs in January 2021 to assess if an in-person option will be available for local participants only.
For more information about what VFS is doing during the COVID-19 pandemic, please visit vfs.edu/vfs-advisory.
How much does a Creative Break workshop cost and when are they?
Program dates and prices are listed below.
*Register by December 31, 2020 and enjoy our Early Bird 10% rate reduction.
All Workshops Regular Price = CAD$150
- Makeup Design | Makeup for Stage & Screen: From Trauma to Tattoos (March 15-16 & 17-18)
- Writing | Creating a TV Series (March 15-16 & 17-18)
- Digital Design | Design and Animate a Title Sequence (March 15-16)
- Animation & Visual Effects | Visual Effects for Film (March 17-18)
- Film Production | Cinematic Storytelling (March 15-16)
- Film Production | Finishing the Story: Editing & Post-Production (March 17-18)
- Foundation | Visual Art & Design Fundamentals (March 22-23)
Do I need High School/Industry experience in order to take a Creative Break workshop?
Not at all!
Is there an age restriction for Creative Break?
Yes. Creative Break workshops are restricted to students aged 15 to 18 at the beginning of the workshop. No exceptions.
What are the hours each day of the Creative Break workshops?
Class hours are typically 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. PST every day. You will receive a full schedule before your workshop begins.
Are there any lunch breaks?
Yes, there is a 1-hour lunch break at noon.
What do I need for the workshop?
All course materials will be provided. We recommend a pen and a notebook if you want to take additional notes, in addition to the requirements listed on our website.
If you're taking part in the Film Production Creative Break, please remember to have headphones/earphones available for any video editing classes.
If you're taking part in the Acting Creative Break, please remember to wear comfortable clothes!
Arrange to meet one of our Admissions Advisors!
If you'd like to meet one-on-one with our Admissions Advisors, please contact Gija Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-631-3074.
What happens with my Creative Break final project?
We will e-mail you your work after the workshop. Please make sure to register for the workshops using your current and valid e-mail address. If you have registered and need to update your e-mail address, please e-mail email@example.com with your full name, Creative Break program, and new e-mail address.
What is included in the cost of each Creative Break?
The fee includes the full curriculum, materials, and a certificate of completion. When you've finished your workshop, you'll also have some new work to help define your future creative path.
What are the terms and conditions?
- All fees must be paid in advance, and in full.
- If a Creative Break workshop does not reach its minimum capacity, the program will be cancelled and registrants will automatically receive a full refund. A cancellation fee will not be applied.
- Tuition paid towards the Creative Break workshop is not protected by the PTIB student training completion fund. For more information visit: Ministry of Advanced Education
- There is a non-refundable administrative fee of 20% of the total program cost.
- If cancellation notice is received at least seven days prior to the start of the workshop, VFS will refund the total cost, minus the administrative fee.
- If cancellation notice is received less than seven days prior to the start of the workshop, no refunds will be given.