I'm looking for a place - Near my VFS Campus
- Needed on:
- October 01, 2023
- $500-1100 per month
- I Don't Smoke
- I Don't have a Pet
- Gender Roommates:
- No Preference
I am proud to say that I’m someone who won’t take up too much space on your mind as a house mate.
I guess we\'re all future or current students of VFS, and are aware of how much dedication the programs demand from us. I plan to put in that dedication, and I would love share an enviroment with other people going through the same so we can support eachother throughout the experience, and hopefully make it all little easier on all of us.
Outside of that, I like to believe that I’m a chill person who takes interest in the lives and well being of the people around me, without crossing any boundaries. When I have time to relax, I enjoy going out for drinks, playing any type of board or video games, watching movies, and of course, exploring the city and city outskirts (although solo exploring might be my favorite).
I’d also say age and gender are not deterrents for me, as I’ve enjoyed the company of people from all walks of life throughout my short lifespan, and I’ve always enjoyed learning from people with backgrounds different from mine.
VFS shall bear no liability for any risks associated with transactions that occur through the Roommate Board.
Each user of the Roommate Board bears full responsibility for determining the suitability of other users’ accommodation offers.
Although VFS screens accommodation postings to filter out questionable offers, it is important for students to be alert and take appropriate precautions.
Use caution and vigilance when dealing with prospective landlords as there are many scammers targeting renters in Vancouver. Please read through How to spot a scam for steps you can take to protect yourself before you start contacting prospective landlords or roommates through the Roommate Board.
- Never send money to a location outside of Vancouver
- If possible, you, or a friend, should physically view the property
- Make sure there is a physical address and check it on a map
- Make sure that you have all details of the individual providing the listing: where they work, full name, address, phone number, etc.
- Always ensure that you are going to be able to meet the landlord or manager of the property in person to receive the keys and inspect the apartment together
- Note that SIN, bank account, and credit card number are not required to rent an apartment
- When you receive a contract, please read the full text (and the fine print) carefully and be sure you understand it fully before you sign. VFS is not responsible for terms and conditions imposed by third-party services.
- Follow your instincts. Anything that seems too good to be true, probably is — and may be a scam.
- If you have any doubts or are unsure as to whether a posting is legitimate, don’t hesitate to reach out to our Housing Team at email@example.com