Master world-leading 3D texturing software
Vancouver Film School presents a first-of-its-kind, in-house training workshop for Substance Designer, one of the world-leading 3D texturing applications and the primary material creation tool used in the industry. Workable across several platforms (Unity, Unreal, Painter, etc.) and featuring an extensive 4,000 materials library, Substance Designer allows for control and cohesion within projects.
We welcome game and 3D junior artists, QA development support, recent graduates, and anyone working in texturing. If you’re looking to take your career to the next level or to improve your skill set for further portfolio development, this workshop is for you.
VFS alumni: $199
2-day course, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., with a 1-hour lunch break
400 West Hastings St.
*Students must confirm they are at least 16 years old at the beginning of the workshop in order to register.
Learning Outcomes – Participants Will:
- Develop Procedural Material Workflows to enhance skill set
- Create highly customizable assets in a fraction of the time required with traditional methods
- Leverage existing knowledge to expand possibilities in texturing assets
- Be able to understand Substance Designer at the level required for industry use
- Integrate Substance Designer into existing workflows to increase productivity
February 8-9, 2020
“By letting you ‘kitbash’ and scavenge from past work to build up new materials, Substance Designer gets you 80% of the way in 20% of the time. You can get a lot of variation out of relatively simple procedural setups. You can dismantle and modularize your previous substances into atomic components, then reassemble them like Lego bricks into new materials you didn't originally anticipate.”
– Liam Smyth, 3D Environment Artist – Blackbird Interactive