I'm looking for a place - Within 45 min of my VFS Campus
- Needed on:
- October 11, 2023
- $500-1200 per month
- I Don't Smoke
- I Don't have a Pet
- Gender Roommates:
- No Preference
Hi, I\'m Iván Plouganou, I come from Mexico and from Argentinian family. I\'m future student of the Game Design program starting the 23rd of October.
I\'m looking for a place to live in Vancouver. I love walking so if it\'s somewhat far from the Campus I don\'t mind that much.
I love playing video games, board games, drinking games and all sorts of ludic experiences. I like to hang out and have meaningless as well as deep existential and philosophical conversations, but in general I\'m quiet and peaceful.
I like to keep my stuff clean and respect other people\'s stuff and common areas.
I like music of all kinds, but more classic rock, indie rock, alternative electronic music and stuff that are hard to put a specific genre on it.
I prefer watching movies than series, and I love reading, but when it comes to talk about something I watched, read or played I prefer to comment and reflect on it extensively and not just \"liked it, not liked it\".
I love hiking, camping, cycling, and any outdoors activity involving nature and cool views.
VFS shall bear no liability for any risks associated with transactions that occur through the Roommate Board.
Each user of the Roommate Board bears full responsibility for determining the suitability of other users’ accommodation offers.
Although VFS screens accommodation postings to filter out questionable offers, it is important for students to be alert and take appropriate precautions.
Use caution and vigilance when dealing with prospective landlords as there are many scammers targeting renters in Vancouver. Please read through How to spot a scam for steps you can take to protect yourself before you start contacting prospective landlords or roommates through the Roommate Board.
- Never send money to a location outside of Vancouver
- If possible, you, or a friend, should physically view the property
- Make sure there is a physical address and check it on a map
- Make sure that you have all details of the individual providing the listing: where they work, full name, address, phone number, etc.
- Always ensure that you are going to be able to meet the landlord or manager of the property in person to receive the keys and inspect the apartment together
- Note that SIN, bank account, and credit card number are not required to rent an apartment
- When you receive a contract, please read the full text (and the fine print) carefully and be sure you understand it fully before you sign. VFS is not responsible for terms and conditions imposed by third-party services.
- Follow your instincts. Anything that seems too good to be true, probably is — and may be a scam.
- If you have any doubts or are unsure as to whether a posting is legitimate, don’t hesitate to reach out to our Housing Team at firstname.lastname@example.org