Entry-Level Online Workshops
Learn new skills for your portfolio and career development.
Whether you have prior training in a related field or no experience at all, our entry-level workshops have everything you need to take meaningful steps towards portfolio development for post-secondary study and your dream career. We welcome enthusiasts, high school students, mature students, and anyone looking to make a career change. Developed by VFS's team of industry professionals, these workshops will give you insight into what the Digital Design program at VFS can help you achieve.
Four-day course, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. PST
**Students must confirm they are at least 16 years old at the beginning of the workshop in order to register.
**Please note that courses may be cancelled at any time due to low enrolment. Upon cancellation, registrants will receive a full refund.
If you have any questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intro to Digital Design: Create and Animate Your Personal Logo
Learn about logo design and animation using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects. Explore each step of the design process, from conceptual stages to final product, and create an animated logo for business or portfolio use that highlights your personal brand.
Learning Outcomes - Participants will:
- Build a foundational skillset to take into further digital design training.
- Bring your logo idea to life in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Understand the basics of animation and motion graphics using Adobe After Effects.
- Create a polished logo to enhance your design portfolio or business.
- Storyboarding and ideation
- Assets creation in Adobe Illustrator & Adobe Photoshop
- Importing assets into Adobe After Effects
- Animating layers and creating depth in the animations
- Basic compositing and colour correction
- Final export and render
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects)
- Computer with dual monitors (recommended), microphone, and camera (optional)
- Stable Internet connection
April 2-3 & 9-10, 2022 – **ONLINE workshop**