Evolve Your Craft
Developed by VFS' team of industry professionals, this workshop will help you build the digital skills needed to take your design portfolio to the next level. Whether you’re a Photoshop wiz or a complete design beginner, a high school student or someone exploring a career change, this workshop will have you designing, illustrating and animating a custom logo that represents your personal brand. Create a stellar, multi-purpose portfolio piece and get a taste of what students learn in the 12-month Digital Design program at VFS.
2 day course, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with a 1 hour lunch break
VFS Campus 400 W. Hastings St.
**Students must confirm they are at least 16 years old at the beginning of the workshop in order to register.
Intro to Digital Design: Create and Animate Your Personal Logo
Come and explore your creative potential in this engaging and practical two-day workshop. You’ll learn how to convey your own personal brand by designing and creating a custom logo from scratch. Our instructor will guide you through the steps involved in the design process, from sketching and ideation to digital rendering and animation. You’ll work with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop to bring your design to life and create a cutting-edge motion graphic using Adobe After Effects. By the end of this workshop, you’ll have a logo to use on business cards, websites and in your design portfolio, along with a set of foundational skills that you can build on with further digital design training.
Learning Outcomes - Participants will:
- Learn the steps involved in developing a design concept
- Work in Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop to create a personal logo
- Learn how to create motion graphics using Adobe After Effects
- Render a final logo for portfolio use
Day 1 - Concept creation
- Storyboarding and ideation
- Assets creation in Adobe Illustrator & Adobe Photoshop
Day 2 - Basics of animation in Adobe After Effects
- Importing assets into Adobe After Effects
- Animating layers and creating depth in the animations
- Basic Compositing and Colour Correction
- Final Export and Render
*Students must confirm they are 16 years or older at the beginning of the workshop in order to register.
February 22–23, 2020
Coming soon: October 17–18, 2020